The beta version of the CloudaIDE Framework works with FirebirdSQL, Oracle and PostgresSQL databases.
CloudaIDE Designer Installation
CloudaIDE designer (programmer tool) for the CloudaIDE Framework is provided for 64 bit Windows and Linux environments. CloudaIDE Designer is an Eclipse application. Therefore many things relevant to Eclipse are also relevant to CloudaIDE.
Database Server Objects Installation
In order to use CloudaIDE the database server has to have special supporting objects. Installation of these objects depends on the database server.
To install CloudaIDE objects the script mroovka_install_oracle.sql has to be run as user sys or other dba.
To install the demo application import the mroovka_demo_oracle.dmp file using impdp. The file creates the mroovka_demo user. The password is mroovka. Change it after import.
To install CloudaIDE objects the srcipt mroovka_install_fb.sql has to be run.
To install the demo application restore the database in file demo.fbk. This database contains CloudaIDE objects, so installation of them is not advised.
To install CloudaIDE objects the srcipt mroovka_install_pg.sql has to be run. It installs public objects.
To install the demo application use the pg_dump mroovka_demo_pg.sql script. First create a database using.
createdb -T template0 mroovka_db
where mroovka_db is a database name, where you want CloudaIDE demo to reside.
If there is no user mroovka_demo on the database server, create it.
Next import the objects and data using:
psql mroovka_db < mroovka_demo_pg.sql
To install CloudaIDE objects the script Cloudaide_install_mysql.sql has to be run. It installs in the database objects necessary to run CloudaIDE.
Alternatively to install the demo application use the CloudaIDE_Demo.sql script. This script contains cloudaide_install_mysql script. You have to run either pure system instalation (above) either demo installation script. First create a database using.
To install the demo application use the CloudaIDE_Demo.sql script. First create a database using.
mysql> create database mroovka_test;
mysql> use mroovka_test;
mysql> source CloudaIDE_Demo.sql
You can use also MySQL Workbench's Server ➜ Data Import option, using CloudaIDE_Demo.sql as the import source.
The user, under which the application runs should have the following permissions:
CloudaIDE distribution contains the Administration Application. Administration application is a tool to administer/configure the CloudaIDE environment.
You don't have to install CloudaIDE right from the start to develop software. The compiled admin application can be found within supplied template Tomcat (at.xxx.tar.gz), under %TOMCAT_ROOT%/webapps directory. There are two admin versions: adminMSQL (for MySQL) and admin for other databases. To configure JDBC connection parameters use xml files with respective names, that reside in the %TOMCAT_ROOT%/conf/Catalina/localhost directory. CloudaIDE also supplies source code for the admin application. The source code can be found in the "projectsxxx.zip" file.
On startup the application displays login form.
The first user is admin and the password is changeoninstall.
After logging in the main console is displayed.
Immediately after installation it is recommended to change admin password. Choose "My Data" option.
Server setup option gives the possibility to configure CloudaIDE server as a whole.
- Compatibility level
- (read only) Server objects compatibility level
- SMTP Host Address
- address of the SMTP server used by system to send e-mails
- SMTP Host Port
- port of the SMTP server used by system to send e-mails
- SMTP Authentication Username
- name of the user used to authenticate to SMTP server
- SMTP Authentication Password
- password of the user used to authenticate to SMTP server
- Use SSL/TLS
- yes – encrypted connection
- no – plain connection
- after connection is established (STARTLS) – switch to encrypted mode after establishing a connection
- Default Email From address
- an address substituted into e-mail from field if it is empty
- URL of the User Self service
- URL of the User Self service application
The "Applications" option gives the possibility to register and set properties of an applications
To register an application fill in the following application data:
- the code of an application from application configuration file
- Requires Grant
- the right to use this application has to be granted for a particular user
- Authentication Method
- one of four values:
- None – no user authentication is requested
- Table – system stores the password data in the CloudaIDE table
- Database – system uses user database account data to authenticate an user
- CAS – system uses the password data in the CloudaIDE, but the authentication is carried out by CAS. This gives Single Sign On capability
- BIRT URL
- URL of BIRT reporting server (including trailing slash)
- CAS URL
- URL of CAS authentication server (including trailing slash)
The administrator enters also a list of authorizations recognizable by the application. Authorization Code is the code that can be granted to a user.
Forms, blocks and non-database items have Authorizations property. It can be set in the designer. The property lists (one per line) all the Authorization Codes, that protect the element. If user does not have any of required Authorization Codes then the element is not created on the client. If the list is empty then the element is not protected by authorization mechanism.
After choosing the “Users” option the administrator can manage users data and privileges
- users login – always in lower case
- has to be checked to let user log-in to any protected application. After user self-registration this checkbox is unchecked. The admin has to accept the user
- if for any reason the user is not allowed to log-in this checkbox is checked
- Email Verified
- user responded to e-mail verification e-mail message
- stored in lower case
By checking "Granted" checkbox in "Application Access" table the administrator grants the access to an application, that requires grant.
By checking "Granted" checkbox in "Authorizations" table the administrator grants an authorization (if the application has any) to the user.
Sessions Form displays information about user sessions
System Log form displays system log entries
User self administration
User self administration utility (cru) lets the user to:
- register and account
- restore forgotten password
The distribution media contains birt_mroovka application. You have to modify BIRT_VIEWER_WORKING_FOLDER parameter value WEB-INF/web.xml file to point to the folder containing reports definitions:
You have also to modify conf/Catalina/localhost/birt_mroovka.xml to set proper datasource parameters.
The develop report for the supplied preconfigured Tomcat server use BIRT Framework version 2.6.2. The Birt Framework 4.4.2 contains a bug 431702 that makes the development with it hard.
CloudaIDE distribution contains workspace for the respectful OS. The workspace contains following projects:
- Admin – administration utility
- cru – user self service utility
- Demo – demo application
- AdminMSQL – administration utility for the MySQL database
- DemoMSQL – demo application for the MySQL database
You have to comment/uncomment and modify mroovka.formica_cfg file. You have to set database JDBC url and user and password data to fit the database installation you use to develop the application.
The supplied tomcat server /conf/Catalina/localhost directory contains files:
The contents of these files should be modified to fit your deployment
The webapps directory contains (among others) demo, cru, admin, adminMSQL, demoMSQL directories that contain respectful applications.
CloudaIDE has three part version number major.minor.compilation eg 1.0.345. Sometimes there will new versions of Cloudaide come to existence.
On every upgrade CloudaIDE projects have to be upgraded. To do it:
- Select the CloudaIDE Project (demo)
- Launch popup menu (right clik)
- Select CloudaIDE ➜ Project Upgrade (the option will show up if the upgrade is necessary)
After clicking on the option a wizard will show up:
Upgrade Wizard creates a new project. Copies mroovka.formica_cfg file and contens of war/mroovka, mroovka and mroovka_java directories. Other changes (if there were such) have to be ported from old project manually. Old project is backuped up in backup project. The project is closed.
Care should be taken before upgrade'ing CloudaIDE. The very good idea is to make a backup copy of entire workspace.
If the CloudaIDE has major.minor numbers greater than database object compatibilty level then server upgrade is necessary. To do it select Server upgrade option of CloudaIDE Actions toolbar button.
Edit JDBC URL, user and password. You should choose the user with proper priviledges (the one CloudaIDE was installed for the first time). Click "Connect to the database", then "Next"
Licence Key Installation
Immediately after installation the Designer has Community Edition key installed. To check the fact use CloudaIde Action – Show Licence option
This option will display Licence Information Dialog
This Dialog informs the user about the date of release of the product, and that the licence type is Community Edition